Our dress code encourages children’s pride in their appearance and to increase their feeling of belonging to a caring school. Summer uniform is from Easter to October half term. Children should come to school dressed in accordance with the code below:
White shirt/ blouse with a school tie
Charcoal grey trousers/ green skirt/ pinafore dress
Green school jumper/ cardigan
With trousers - Dark, plain socks/ green tights
With skirt/ dress - Green tights or white socks
SUMMER – optional changes
Polo shirts (without a tie) can be worn in place of a shirt/ blouse (if a shirt/ blouse is worn – a tie must also be worn)
Charcoal grey shorts
Green/ white checked gingham dresses can be worn in place of a skirt/ pinafore dress
Black or brown sandals
Plain or school branded white t shirt
Plain black shorts or joggers/ PE leggings/ tracksuit trousers
Trainers or plimsols
A plain bottle green hoodie/ sweatshirt may also be worn – or a school jumper/ cardigan. School branded PE hoodies can be ordered directly from motifs.co.uk. Please see order form here: st-thomas-hoodies-order-form.pdf (primarysite-prod-sorted.s3.amazonaws.com)
School branded items such as jumpers, cardigans, book bags are available from Morleys and Hamiltons. Tesco also do a limited range (online)
• Long hair should be tied back in a green headband or bobble
• No jewellery should be worn other than a watch and stud earrings. There should also be no nail varnish or make-up
• All children need to bring a coat to school when the weather is cold for play times.
• No large bags should be bought into school – we encourage all children to use a book bag
• Please make sure that all clothes are labelled.
- SWIMMING -
All children will be taken swimming while they are in Year 5. They will need a swimming costume and a towel. If children have long hair they will need to wear a swimming hat.
Swimming – in this instance – is not classed as PE so on swimming days children must be in full uniform.