Introduced in April 2011, the pupil premium is allocated to children who are/ have been looked after by the local authority, those who are/ have been eligible for Free School Meals at any point in the last six years and for children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces.
If you think that your circumstances mean that your child may be entitled to Free School Meals (even if they are in Key Stage 1 and already get them) then please speak to Mrs Pugh in the office. There are benefits to claiming the Free School Meals even if your child is in Reception/ Key Stage 1 and receive them anyway such as subsidised trips.
At St Thomas', we expect to receive approximately £36,800 in Pupil Premium support.
Our use of this funding will be targeted at the following:
To do this we will:
• Provide 1-1 support to overcome specific difficulties - £5000
• Provide booster classes to small groups focussed on overcoming specific difficulties. - £9,525
• Provide enrichment activities -£10,570
• Purchase additional resources for positive play - £1000
Our principles of use:
• To ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
• To ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
• In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
• We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
• Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals.
Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at one time