Menu
Home Page

st thomas catholic primary

We serve god, when we work and play together

Academy Information

Bishop Patrick has decided that all Catholic schools in the diocese will convert to become academies.

 

Over 60% of the schools are already academies so over the course of the 2017/18 school year, the other 40% will prepare for conversion.

 

Below is a letter outling the basic information and some FAQs. 

St Thomas' will become an academy on 1st September 2018 and will become part of a the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust - a large Catholic MAT of 25 primary and secondary schools.  The Trust will be supported by a CEO - Mr Sean McClafferty - and a central team who will have responsibility for supporting schools with school improvement, human resources, finance and other agreed areas - much in the way that Derbyshire County Council has done.

For children in the classrooms and parents of the school there will be minimal change.  There will be no changes to school uniform, curriculum or school staffing.

 

Please keep the school and the leaders at the Diocesan Education Service in your prayers during this process.

To find out more about St Ralph Sherwin follow the link below
Picture 1
Top